Email marketing is not spam, and if used effectively can be invaluable for small business owners. A well-executed email marketing campaign can attract new customers and create sales more quickly and cheaply than a traditional direct-marketing campaign.
- Give Your Subscribers Valuable Content
- Create a Clear Call to Action
- Be Aware of When and How Often to Send your Email
- Use a Consistent Format for Your Email Newsletter
- Your email format should be:
- professional looking but eye-catching
- easy to read
- Address Recipients by Name
- Pay Particular Attention to the Content of the “From” and “Subject” Lines of your Email
- Test, Test, Test
- Proofread and Test the Links of Every Campaign Before It is Sent
These tips should provide you with a good foundation for establishing a successful email marketing program. If you already employ these measures, then you’re probably enjoying the benefits that a well-crafted email marketing program can bring to your business. If you haven’t yet incorporated these ideas into your email marketing, I suggest you try them. You’ll almost certainly be pleasantly surprised at what a difference they can make.